Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Miss America Pageant


We are very proud of Kelsey! She did a great job at the pageant. Here she is in the opening number. They all came out and gave a one line intro.

This is Kelsey answering her on-stage question. They asked her about her platform.
































Her dance was beautiful and she did great. It was hard to pick one picture so I posted several.






















































Micah slept through the pageant almost every night. This is at the visitation after the performance on Wednesday night. Kelsey could not get him to wake up.












Here I am with a former Miss America from Oklahoma Shawntel Smith.













Josh and Kelsey. I don't know how she stays so skinny eating like that. McDonalds and cotton candy late at night. Lucky girl!!!











Micah still wouldn't wake up.










Not even for a picture with Miss America 2007 Lauren Nelson. She is also from Oklahoma.











He finally decided to wake up a little.





















We had a great time all week, but we were a little disappointed Oklahoma didn't win again. Micah was soooo good:)






5 comments:

Pambo said...

Of course, we didn't get to see Kelsey very much on television. Thank goodness for the "Countdown to the Crown" show. The camera loves her, doesn't it? I was surprised by who they chose for Miss America Was it Miss Indiana? I never choose the girl who wins.
Kelsey made Oklahoma proud. Way to go.

Ashlee Osborn said...

You have a right to be proud of Kelsey. She did an awesome job! She looks very poised and pretty in all of her stage pictures. I recognize Shawntel Smith...she used to come sing at Union when I went to the junior high there. It cracks me up that Micah slept through the whole thing. Yea, Kelsey! Oklahoma is proud of her.

Cindy Kirkpatrick said...

What an ADORABLE couple they make! You got some great shots of her and of the former Mrs. Americas! You are practically famous now too! he he : ) She did a great job! Way to go Kelsey!

And of course the pictures of Micah sleeping through it all are priceless!

Pambo said...

I meant to add that based on the Countdown show, I just knew Kelsey would be in the top - she was that good and she had so much air time. Made me mad that we didn't get to see more of her on Miss America. I would have loved to see her dance. The photos are beautiful. Like I said before, the judges never choose who I think is the best. I thought Kelsey was the best. I'm sure she had the cutest boy toy there - I mean Micah! Just kidding - Josh is so cute.

Robin said...

Micah is going to be very upset that he slept through meeting all of those pretty girls! I think it was great that you all were able to go experience Miss America, few people can say they have done that. Love the pics and agree that Kelsey represented us well!